LAMCTI is an innovator center in Spain to promote the clinical movement analysis in Sport Physical Therapy and Paralympic Sport. It was created in 2015 with the objective of helping people maximize their physical’s skills and promote a healthy lifestyle.
The center focuses on two aspects:
- Training and strength programs in children with cerebral palsy before and after orthopedic surgery
- Movement analysis to prevent injuries in sport and adapted sport
Javier Martínez Gramage
PhD in Biomechanics. Researcher and Professor at University UCH CEU
Edgar Caballero Gutierrez
Pediatric Physiotherapist and Orthopaedic
Sara Perpiñá Martínez
Physiotherapist. MSc Sport Physiotherapist. PhD student.
The analysis of movement is the tool that we use in the treatment and prevention of injuries. The services we offer from LAMCTI are:
- Adapted physical activity: Exercise and adapted sport through intensive programs post-orthopedic surgery and programs of aerobic training and muscle strength before/after surgery in cerebral palsy.
- Biomechanical adjustment in cycling: From the assessment of the cyclist and his anthropometry a correct adjustment is made on the bicycle to improve the performance and / or prevention of injuries in MTB, route and triathlon.
- Biomechanical analysis in running: It allows you to know the main origin of the injury during run to determine the type of treatment to be performed or the use of orthopedic soles.
- Biomechanical analysis of the gait: It allows you to know the main problem of the alteration of the gait as a tool in the clinical decision.
- Research in movement analysis: LAMCTI in collaboration with the Department of Physiotherapy at University CEU Cardenal Herrera works in different research projects and has several PhD students.
Since two years ago, LAMCTI has been working with BTS Bioengineering on research related to the establishment of normative data during running and a new running protocol according to EMG analysis. Thanks to BTS Bioengineering, we have been able to carry out an innovative research project in Paralympic Sports to implement the running analysis in paratriathletes.
The LAMCTI´s mission is to convert the movement analysis in a useful tool for Physiotherapists, Medical, Coaches, Orthopaedic, Athletes and Podiatrists as referent center.