Its Clinical Trial Center was newly established in the hospital with a history of 37 years. The Center intends to do research on medical devices related to oriental medicine and sports activity for the elderly and sports players. The 330 squared-meter building is staffed by talented clinicians and researchers. As the only university-based hospital in Gwangju City, Wonkwang University College of Medicine Gwangju Medical Center is serving its role in society as well as in the academic field. It is a patient-oriented hospital that is focused on serving its region and promoting healthy lives for the patients.
Wonkwang University College of Medicine Gwangju Medical Center provides:
- Hospital serving the locals
- Health classes and open lectures for the public
- Monthly health inspections for local residents
- Hospital sharing with the local residents
- Free clinics for low-income children and refugees in Gwangju Junior/Highschool students, medical volunteer work, and many other local free clinics
- Various cultural events such as movie nights and concerts to upgrade patient experiences
- Important social events for local residents, serving an important role in society.
- Compare gait analysis depending on muscle fatigue
- Compare gait analysis depending on elderly diseases
- Analyze GRF of Taekkyeon, a traditional Korean martial art
- Sports biomechanics depending on motion with rockets
Furthermore, the system works with various Isokinetic machines and medical devices related to oriental medicine.
When it comes to gait and motion analysis, the Center wants to have large space not interrupted by the surface of the ground. Where other devices are not able to get GRF when one foot touches two platforms at the same time, BTS INFINI-T enables to combine two GRF regardless of steps. Six (6) platforms are now being used and they can work as one platform depending on objectives of research.
Now, they draw a bigger picture about creative research by incorporating the development of oriental medicine into motion analysis technology. An important financial contribute aimed to improve the quality of the youngest patients’ lives that allows them to live a better future has been offered.